MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
A culturally diverse and multilingual community committed to student learning.
To create a multilingual, multicultural learning environment where parents, teachers and students work together toward academic and personal excellence in preparation for responsible citizenship in a globalized world.
- Trustworthiness: Be honest • Don’t deceive, cheat or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends and country
- Respect: Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule • Be tolerant of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements
- Responsibility: Do what you are supposed to do • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences • Be accountable for your choices
- Fairness: Play by the rules • Take turns and share • Be open-minded; listen to others • Don’t take advantage of others • Don’t blame others carelessly
- Caring: Be kind • Be compassionate and show you care • Express gratitude • Forgive others • Help people in need
- Citizenship: Do your share to make your school and community better • Cooperate • Get involved in community affairs • Stay informed; vote • Be a good neighbor • Obey laws and rules • Respect authority • Protect the environment
The American School of Tampico integrates Mexican and American traditions, promotes cultural diversity, encourages a dynamic exchange of ideas and resources, and upholds the highest academic standards and ethical values.
Our staff is composed of capable professionals with the necessary resources to serve students on an individual level.
ATS academic programs are accredited in Mexico by the Mexican Ministry of Education and in the United States by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools AdvancEd.
The school is led by a Board of Trustees and a Board of Directors, and is managed by a professional administrative staff. The American School of Tampico is a co-educational, non-profit, and non-sectarian institution.
| ||Address:||Calle Hidalgo # 100 Col. Tancol, Tampico, Tam. México. CP 89320 |
| ||Phone Numbers:|| (833) 2272080 , 2272081, 2272082, 2272083, 2272084, 2125886 |
| ||Fax:||Ext. 108 & 126|
| ||Director:||Emma Gutiérrez de Salazar|
| ||Board President:||Javier Garza García|
| ||Campus Size:||15 hectares|
| ||Early Childhood:||Ages 2-6 |
| ||Elementary:||Ages 7-11|
| ||Middle School:||Ages 12-15 |
| ||High School:||Ages 16-20 |
| ||Academic areas taught in English:||Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Math. |
| ||Academic areas taught in Spanish:||Language Arts and Civics.|
| ||Extracurricular classes:||Basketball, Soccer, Track, Jazz, Music Workshop, Flamenco, Drama & Iniciación Musical. |
| ||Other programs:||Physical Education, Computers, Art, Music|
| ||Character Education:||ATS character education program is based on CHARACTER COUNTS! : an educational framework for teaching universal values and a coalition of organizations that support each other.|
We promote the 6 Pillars:
AdvancED is the unified organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), and National Study of School Evaluation (NSSE). AdvancED is dedicated to advancing excellence in education through accreditation, research, and professional services.