The American School of Tampico requires all students to complete a minimum of 30 hours of community service per year. By graduation, all students have completed 120 hours or more.
SHEDULES AND GRADING
Classes are divided into two semesters. Credits awarded vary with time spent in direct instruction. To earn 0.5 credit, classes meet four times per week for approximately 55 minutes for one semester.
The American School of Tampico students are well prepared and embrace their future. Ninety five percent of graduates applied to and were accepted into 4 year Universities, five present will be attending vocational school or immersing in Germany before starting university there. Of the students applying to 4 year universities, 50% got either academic or sporting scholarships.
The American School of Tampico has a mix of foreign and locally hired teachers. There are teachers from France, Canada, United States, Jamaica and Mexico. Approximately 92% of the teachers already have a Master’s degree and the remaining 8% are currently pursuing theirs. ATS boast a dedicated and hardworking staff that strives to meet the academic need of the students for their success in a global economy.
The American School of Tampico, Located in Tamaulipas, Mexico serves the educational lust of 876 students. The big campus has its students in three separate buildings, Elementary, Middle and high school. The high school has a large library and Wi-Fi. The campus boasts two libraries, three state-of-the-art science labs, and three computer labs. The grounds extend to more than 14 hectares and include: five grass-covered soccer fields and track; multi-purpose covered surfaced sports court; an open air theater; a preschool play area and a butterfly garden.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Education extends beyond the classroom to ensure that all students are presented with the opportunity to grow in a rich environment of experiences. Programs are diverse, including: Student Council, National Honor Society, Model United Nations, chorus, clubs, exchange programs, dance, service learning and environmental projects. Extensive after school sports include soccer, basketball, and track & field. School teams compete within ASOMEX (American Schools of Mexico) and local leagues.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Emma Gutierrez, M.A., General Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Monica Avina M.Ed. Early Childhood principal (email@example.com)
Irelda Galvan., M.Ed. Elementary School Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Natalie Harvey-Grant, M.A. Middle School Principal (email@example.com)
Monica Guchicoa, M.A. Middle School vice Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lourdes Gonzalez, M.Sc., High School Principal (email@example.com)
COUNSELING AND ADMISSIONS
Charles Grant, M.Ed., HS College Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Laura Lammoglia, M.A., HS Psychologist (email@example.com)
Claudia coronada, M.Ed., MS Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CEEB Code: 870849
The American School of Tampico
Calle Hidalgo #100, Colonia Tancol
Tampico, Tamaulipas, México 89320
Counselors’ office # 833 227 2080 EXT 129
Telephone: (52) 833 227 2081 • FAX: (52) 833 227 2084